The Church Secretary, as a representative of the Mount Lebanon United Methodist Church, is expected to provide a caring, engaging, and hospitable attitude while providing high quality administrative support to church volunteers and staff. Reports to Business Administrator and Senior Pastor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web apps such as WordPress
- High quality verbal communication skills
- Graphics, copy editing, design/layout a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to foster cooperation and hospitality
- Answer phone and respond to email messages
- Provide a hospitable reception to all guests, visitors, and church members who contact the church.
- Work collaboratively with church staff and volunteers; provide administrative support to church staff and volunteers such as:
o Sort and distribute mail
o Prepare bulk mailings
o Prepare and send email campaigns
- Provide administrative support for church officers and committee chairs
- Serve as recording secretary to Church Council (evening meetings)
- Produce weekly worship bulletin
- Update church-wide calendar and report schedules to appropriate staff – Outlook and website (WordPress)
- Post articles to website as needed
- Participate in church staff meetings, training, etc.
- Maintain and update Church Secretary Handbook, all-church email list, membership role
- Provide cooperation and assistance with other support staff and other duties as assigned.